Use the Field Mask option to set the format for an input field. The chosen option will display once the user has completed the field with the valid information. The Field Mask option is available on the Text element. Field Masks are input characters that indicate the format of valid values.
How to Video
- 0:02 An Introduction to the Field Mask element settings.
- 0:16 Navigate to the Index Settings.
- 0:25 We show you how to edit the Field Mask.
- 0:51 Preview the configured Field Mask.
- 2:04 Learn how to use your Placeholder to indicate to the user what information they should provide.
- 2:26 Conclusion.
How to Guide
- Select the expand (+) icon next to the settings icon in Titan Web. A list of elements will show.
- Select the Input option from the list.
- Select and drag the Text Area element to the canvas.
- Select the Text Area Gear icon. The Text Area Setting screen opens. The Content option is displayed by default.
- Type the format in the Field Mask field. For example, you can type a phone number, email, or currency format. Below is an example of the phone number field mask.
You can set a field mask that contains numbers and/or alphabet characters. Users can only type the characters that you specified.
View the following mask options:
- ‘9’ – numbers (0-9)
- ‘n’ – numbers (0-9)
- ‘N’ – numbers (0-9)
- ‘A’ – alphabet characters (a-z A-Z)
- ‘a’ – alphabet characters (a-z A-Z)
- ‘*’ – numbers and alphabet characters (0-9 a-z A-Z)