Excel Cell Type Reflected from Salesforce
Reflecting data from Salesforce into Excel gives a business a time-saving advantage as customers can analyze generated documents without prior formatting.
- Titan offers the option to reflect data from Salesforce into Excel with the cell format configuration settings.
- For example, a numeric field in Salesforce will mirror a numeric cell type in Excel.
- The cell format setting will calculate automatically as the cells in Excel reflect the kind of field in Salesforce.
How to Video
- 0:01 Learn how the Excel-Add-In formats cells when doing a get.
- 0:10 Take in the demonstration on how to use get for currency in Excel.
- 0:44 Comprehend how to configure conditions to bring data in from Salesforce.
- 0:57 Preview your formatted file.
How to Guide
Set up in Excel
- Open Excel.
- Click on Form Titan.
- Click on Build.
- Click on Insert Field.
- Select the object from the drop-down list.
- Select the field from the drop-down list.
- Click on Cell Format. The Configure Field Format screen opens.
- Select the format from the drop-down list. The options are:
- Float with sub options: Float (0.00) or Float (0.0).
- Currency with sub options: Currency (10 100,00 USD) or Currency (10 100,0 USD) or Currency (10 100 USD).
- Click on the Apply button.
- Click on the Insert Field button. The field is inserted in the Excel sheet with the formatting as set up in elements added.
The cell format in Excel reflects the formatting of the field in Salesforce.
Want to read more about our Titan/Salesforce integration. Read about our Forms for Salesforce.