System Custom Variables – OpenerRef
Variables are integral when working with software and allow your business to store, reference accurately, and manipulate data in countless ways.
- If you have a Titan Web project that is embedded in a website, and a user is redirected to this web page from another website (for instance, an advertisement in Google that redirects a user to your webpage), the OpenerRef system variable will return the URL of the website from which the user was redirected.
- This is a useful feature to monitor where user traffic comes from.
- For instance, is you have a Contact Us form on different pages of your website, each page will have a unique URL. Depending on which page a user completes the form, you will receive a different URL.
How to Video
- Coming soon!
How to Guide
- Select the Gear icon next to the plus (+) icon in Titan Web. The Project settings screen opens.
- Select the Tools option.
- Select the Custom Variables Gear icon. The Custom Variables screen opens.
- Under the System option, add a system variable.
- Use the Default value drop-down list to select the OpenerRef (embed only) variable.
- Give the variable a unique name to make selection easier. This is not mandatory.
This URL can be pushed to Salesforce, or can be used in on any business logic in the web project.