The Yes/No option is available for the Yes/No element. Yes or no questions are short questions with one-word answers that can be answered quickly. These types of questions are helpful for people with reading limitations.
The Yes/No enables respondents to answer your question using thumbs up for Yes and thumbs down for No. This is not just a popular type of value; you can also change the type to dislike or like, smiley face or sad face. It is up to you.
How to Video
- 0:01 Introduction.
- 0:05 We show you how to add a Yes/No question.
- 0:12 Learn how to insert a question.
- 0:19 We show you how to label the Yes/No Question.
- 0:35 Learn how to customize the Yes/No question.
- 0:51 View Salesforce record of Yes/No questions.
How to Guide
- Select the expand (+) button next to the settings icon on Web. A list of elements will show.
- Select the Survey option from the list.
- Select and drag the Yes/No element to the canvas.
- Select the Yes/No settings Gear icon. The Yes/No Setting screen opens. The Content list is shown by default.
- Type the value of the Yes or No element in the field, for instance, positive or negative, agree or disagree. The option will show as a tooltip when the user hovers over the Yes or No option. The Like/Dislike type shows by default.
- Select the Type drop-down list to select a different type.
- Select the Yes/No option. The cross or check mark can mean true/false, or right/wrong. See the Yes/No option example below:
- Select the Smiley Face/Sad Face. A smiley face can mean happiness and positive feelings and a sad face can mean sadness and disappointment. See the Smiley Face/Sad Face option example below:
You can change the settings of the question.
- Set the Yes/No settings.